Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Cracking a Spine...but not mine

I have currently been in the library for 3 hours and have accomplished little more than planning my every waking moment for the next 10 days until I'm a senior. I still remember being a senior and high school and all of the perk we'd get... tons of parties, celebrations, awards, the WORKS. but it seems like in college its just another year closer to working my life away and being a grown up...doesn't sound fun to me! As I was writing a paper for some research i've been finishing up, I accomplished a first on my list of college to do's. Today I had to go find a journal in the library. For some reason it wasn't online and my only option was to go and search the shelves for this one book in a series of 50 of the same journal out of the thousands of book shelves all over the library. Once I finally found the journal I opened it and it had never been opened before. i felt like I cracked the spine it was so fresh. I thought about how unfair it was that I have all of these books at my disposal and have never used them. out of the 120,000 people who have been students at this university since this was published, no one had bothered to read this book...granted its boring and originally published in German...but still. Here's to cracking open a new book as often as possible...even if it's only to read a few pages



1 comment:

  1. here, here! or hear, hear! (HA, i don't know which spelling it actually is for the phrase)

    this is my FAVORITE. best blog post of anyone's i've read in a while. good gosh i LOVE it.

    cheers xo

    ReplyDelete