Sunday, March 11, 2012

new new new new new

Since my last post SO much has changed here in the Drew house.

First, I got a new job. A perfect job. I am a Client Service Coordinator for FranklinCovey. I had been really stressing about what I was going to do with myself once I graduate and I just couldn't find anything. Well, as I was looking, I remember that my good friend Kylee works for FranklinCovey and I decided to see if they were hiring and they were. I submitted my resume and asked her to put in a good word. 6 interviews later, I was the newest FranklinCovey employee. As the CSC, I am so lucky to work with the education team. FranklinCovey mostly does workshops etc. related to their AWESOME book, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (and many other books and curricula). I am working with elementary schools that use a program called The Leader in Me (essentially 7 Habits for kids). I am so excited to work with the schools especially regarding such an awesome program.

Second, I got a new (to me) car. We calculated that if I were to drive the Xterra ONLY to and from work, (and if gas stayed at $3/gal [no way]) We would spend 10,000 on gas alone in the next two years. I sold my car, and, after much research and deliberation, bought a Nissan Versa. It has been perfect and I have more than doubled my fuel efficiency!

Third, I just got a new calling. I am the new Girls' Camp director in my ward...meaning that I get the privilege to organize camp for my ward! I found out today that we have only 6 young women...and of those 6, only 1 is active. It should be fun... but will be hard.

Fourth, Jeff was promoted at work to a Lead Teller, which was a nice pay increase especially after all his hard work and dedication over the last 2 years.

We are so grateful for all of these many blessings and are so excited to keep going with our new endeavors :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay congrats girlie! =) Your new job sounds awesome! FranklinCovey makes some of my favorite things! So you owned an Xterra? That's only like my dream car. I love them! But I bet the gas was pretty guzzling. Too bad...but I do love your guys' new Nissan! It's super nice and also super cute! =) Good luck with your new calling!

    ReplyDelete